Faith!!

Hebrew 11:1 "Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" how crazy is that in this materialistic world? How can one be sure of what he/she hopes for and certain of what is not seen when everything around him/her says the polar opposite? For me being filled with the Holy Spirit continuously and reading the word daily is the only thing that gives me the strength to have faith. Faith is absolutely spiritual and cannot be done without the help of the Spirit.

As Christians we need to realize it is impossible for us to have faith without being filled with the word of God. "Faith comes by hearing and hearing from the word of God." Rom 10:17 Faith is not something we can only do sometimes when we are filled with that absolutely beautiful feeling in our hearts with the spirit and when everything is going smoothly, but also it is something we ought to do while in harship and when it seems like all hope is gone. If our faith is based on His word then we have nothing to be fearful of because we know for sure His word will not pass!

My favorite song about Faith summes up what I'm trying to say it's called "I still believe" by Jeremy Camp goes like this:
Scattered words and empty thoughts
Seem to pour from my heart
I've never felt so torn before
Seems I don't know where to start
But its now that I feel your grace fall like rain
From every fingertip washing away my pain

I still believe in your faithfulness
I still believe in your truth
I still believe in your holy word
Even when I don't see, I still believe

Though the questions still fog up my mind
With promises I still seem to bear
Even when answers slowly unwind
It's my heart I see you prepare
But its now, that I feel, your grace fall like rain
From every fingertip washing away my pain

I still believe in your faithfulness...

Well the only place I can go is into your arms
Where I throw to you my feeble prayers well in brokenness
I can see that this was your will for me
Help me to know that you are near

I still believe ....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An African's Response to TGC's "Why Africa Still Needs Western Workers"

Embracing my “otherness” in the Evangelical Church

Who are you?