My life as a Burnt offering…

I’m reading “Passion and Purity” by Elizabeth Elliot and ran into a chapter that talks about bringing every emotion before the Lord so that He may shine through, our Pain, joy, longing, anxiety and such…

His word says in 2 Cor 10:5 “….we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.” What sweetness there is to this verse…can you imagine? Every thought, being brought forth to the Lord, so that it may obey Him? So in a simple example it would be, my desire to be united with my loved ones RIGHT NOW will be brought to Jesus and obey His will for me to serve him as a single woman alone for the season He’s placed me in. My longing will obey the will of God for me to preserver and produce Character and fruit. Isn’t this beautiful?

My heart jumps at the thought of God being ever present in those moments that seem so low and so lonely. To know that’s EXACTLY where he wants me so that he may speak to me…love me and let me know HIM the lover of my soul. Hosea 2:14 is so real in my life right now....

"Israel, I, the LORD,

will lure you into the desert

and speak gently to you.

I will return your vineyards,

and then Trouble Valley will become Hopeful Valley.

You will say " Yes" to me

as you did in your youth,

when leaving Egypt.

There is a joy I can’t express in my heart right now, a joy that can only come from above, that proves to me that God is working and is active in my heart. That no matter how hard things seem in my life and when people look in from the outside and wonder how in the world does she live like this, deep down in my heart there is a complete rest in the Lord because I know he is sovereign and that He is in control of my life.

I often tell my friends…God is not concerned about the destination but the journey that He takes us in (I'm sure I heard it from somewhere). Unless we’re able to follow Him with complete obedience, the destination makes no sense or would add any value to our lives when we get there. God refines us through the journey, by giving us manna when we’re hungry and teaching us that He is enough. By giving us water out of dry stones when we’re thirsty and showing us He is the Spring of life. By comforting us when we are tired and renewing our strength and by being our compass when we lose our way. When we get to the destination, all we have left to do is praise Him in awe for the impossible journey that He made possible. The destination...well it will be a blessing added to the REAL DEAL, KNOWING HIM!

God is concerned about His children worshiping Him and not idols. May our idols be made as nothing in our hearts because of the purifying journey He takes us in and may we be obedient enough to bring our lives as burnt offering.

LOVE knowing you my savior....
Mekdi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An African's Response to TGC's "Why Africa Still Needs Western Workers"

Embracing my “otherness” in the Evangelical Church

Who are you?