When all You NEED is Him!!

Have you ever came to a point in your life where no matter how hard you try, you just can't seem to see the positive... I mean you're not a negative person, you love and trust God and deep down in your heart know that the Lord is your strength. BUT, there have been so many hard situations that have bombarded your life and you're swamped, you just can't get out of it. No matter how many scriptures you quote and squeeze your eyes shut and PRAY...it seems like God has chosen silence.

It's hard, it's very hard to not have answers for your painful circumstances and it makes you wonder, why God? What's the possible good out come from this painful situation, it HURTS God, my heart aches in pain and I soooooooo need your peace. Then, you're forced to fall on your face, and ask God for peace and joy and meaning in life... You turn to him instead of your loved ones because none of their solutions will ever make it ok or better or is a lasting solution.

My Pastor told an amazing analogy yesterday during service, he was preaching James 1st and about persevering through trials. He gave an example of how we use a for to check if something is cooked or not...we poke through and check, he said if we are cooked / dead for Sin and alive for Christ, we won't bleed as the fork/trials go through us. But if we do bleed, then God will leave us on the fire till we are well cooked and the fork going through us won't make us bleed/ nothing of our fleshly desire will come out.

This totally stuck with me, and got me out of my self focused why me attitude? I must say...the word of God is sooooo powerful when you pray through it. Praying through James 1 brought a sense to my situation and God started to speak, move so powerfully and completely heal my heart. Oh how I love and thank the lover of my soul for choosing me as his vessel to go through many trials and be molded to imitate the image of Christ.

James 1:2-8 "2Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. 6But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; 8he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does."

It's not about me, it's about HIM! Jesus Christ who gave it all that I may have eternal life.

Love you my father,
Mekdes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An African's Response to TGC's "Why Africa Still Needs Western Workers"

Embracing my “otherness” in the Evangelical Church

Who are you?