Not my will but your will be Done!


What a hard prayer to pray? It wasn't till God started opening up my eyes to the true purpose of my calling into his kingdom that I started learning to pray this prayer. I mean as a young believer for me it was about "being more spiritual", memorizing more verses, sharing the Gospel with others, alway being on a spiritual high...which was amazingly great but kindda wasn't what truly goes on in this journey with the Lord. I discovered that even though this is all wonderful and great but the CHARACTERS of Christ being manifested in my being was the most important thing I could ever capture. These characters also don't just appear in me because I "believe" but because I constantly choose to walk in complete obedience.

There are times that I pray sooooo hard that I feel like God is going to just show up and magically fulfill all my dreams, but in reality that is not the case and "The purpose of prayer is that we get a hold of God, not of the answer."(Oswald Chambers) When I pray I get a hold of patience and obedience and complete peace and surrender to the will of God.

Isn't it amazing how we feel like God owes us something and we go at it as if he must answer now? I just learned that when we do that...the whole begging him PLEASE do it at once we're actually lusting...it made perfect sense to me when Oswald Chambers explained it as "Lust means "I must have it at once."" Spiritual lust causes me to demand an answer from God, instead of seeking God Himself who gives the answer."
"If we will only obey, and do the task that He has placed closest to us, we will see Him." How so true that is.......

God puts some occasions in my life to allow me the chance of obeying him but what do I do? I use my humanly possible means to get out of them, to reason my way out of them and just put myself at ease. This week God really took away that liberty and put me in a position where I couldn't run away from the chance to obey him and I did...and it was not pleasant...but it was peaceful. Yap, I didn't enjoy humbling myself but my heart was so full of God's peace that I knew that I was right where he wanted me and that gave me the ultimate peace and joy...a sense of purpose and accomplishment.

That's truly what I want...all I want is for his will to be done through me and for me to receive the pleasures of having Him reign in me. I praise the Lord for His gentle ways of guiding me to discover Christ living through me.

xoxo
Umi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An African's Response to TGC's "Why Africa Still Needs Western Workers"

Embracing my “otherness” in the Evangelical Church

Who are you?