Popular Culture?

Wow, this is embarrassing. I haven’t posted a single blog in 2012, well I have but not on this blog, it was a year filled with wedding planning and getting ready for marriage, then getting married and figuring out how to be one when you have 2 completely different people involved in a marriage.  We’re still figuring it out but I’m at a place where I can resume blogging again J

To be honest, it’s for my own spiritual health that I write out my thoughts and the latest things God’s taught me have been hard.  I’m just looking at the world around me and am scared of what’s becoming of our society. In the name of civilization we’ve adopted a Universalist worldview which has confused the heck out of most of us. If we don’t have right and wrong anymore how in the world will we be able to function in this world?

I was taught to tell apart truth from false but this popular culture is pushing me to accept the fact that everyone is “right” in their own ways. NO way! Only God is right, only the Bible is right, only Jesus saves, only He rose from the dead and is alive seated at the right hand of God.  Call me narrow minded, I rather be narrow minded and honor God than “open minded” and godless.  My heart goes out to the lost that I need to share the Gospel with.

With all of this, Satan doesn’t operate as the prince of darkness but of light.  He comes to steal, kill and destroy slowly without anyone paying attention. He comes in the form of a TV show that lets the Christian’s mind slowly entertain ungodliness before he tries to make it a reality in our homes. He comes in the form of our loved one’s point of view that we want to respect so we can build a good relationship with them that’d let us share the gospel eventually but that’s he’s way of making it our point of view as well because we don’t dare to confront.

We’ve gotten weak, believers what are we doing? I sense my spirit shrinking and not having the strength to stand firm for what I believe nor rebuking the devil and his views so he can flee….I echo Paul’s prayer for myself and fellow believers " For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God."
(Ephesians 3:14-19 ESV)

May the fullness of Christ overwhelm us and may our love for him and our faith be the evidence of grace to the whole world.  Let’s stand up for TRUTH and not fall for the lies of Satan.  God is still at work in this world, people are coming to a saving knowledge of Christ and believe it or not Satan is also at work very aggressively trying to keep the lost from finding the light and the believers from making disciples and proclaiming the good news of Christ.

I am not a Universalist, I am a believer of Christ Jesus who taught, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” (John 14:6 ESV) Amen!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An African's Response to TGC's "Why Africa Still Needs Western Workers"

Embracing my “otherness” in the Evangelical Church

Who are you?