We Make it Our Goal to Please Him!

Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord. For we live by faith, not by sight. We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord. So we make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad." 2 Corinthians 5:6-10


When I read this scripture this morning, my heart stopped, it's like a new revelation, yes I do good because my goal is to please Him who died for me.  I am in full time ministry because nothing brings me joy more than seeing people come to know Christ, or praying for the Lost in great anticipation of God's answer to my prayers and having the honor of at times being an answer to others prayers. The way we feel at Home is by doing God's work in this temporary world.  Pursuing to please the one we long to be with. 


When I was younger, my mom used to talk about how much she longs for Christ's return, and I would secretly hope it wouldn't be soon.  First, because I was afraid of all the commotion that would come about before His return but the biggest fear I had was of not having the opportunity to grow up and live out all my dreams.  I wanted to grow up and be a woman that would change the world, I had dreams and anticipations of being all I am and then Christ can come, after I fulfill my desires, reach my goals, achieved my success.  


As a grown woman, I look back and think of how foolish my desires were.  They were all self centered and self serving. See, I didn't long for my savior because I didn't understand what I was saved from.  I thought I was a good person who is good enough to consider God as my God and go to church on Sundays and pray for my family occasionally.  Life was about me, what I can do for others, I thought "I had the world on a string and the sting around my finger".  I was the end to everything and was completely blinded to the massive grace of God & the love that compelled him to send His one and only Son to die for my sin.  


Sin, what is sin? I would have asked, sin for me was the stuff bad kids did, not me.  I was blinded by my "good works" that stemmed from a desire to prove my righteousness to myself and others around me watching.  I had no understanding that what I was doing was worshiping myself and my flesh, I didn't know that the belief that the world revolved around me was SIN itself.  Oh how I pray the eyes of our hearts be opened each and everyday to acknowledge what type of sinners we are so we may experience the fullness of God's grace.  To know I have nothing good of myself and it's the most freeing knowledge.


"So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come:The old has gone, the new is here! All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God. God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God." 
2 Corinthians 5:16-21

Love you Jesus, thank you for calling me to an amazingly rich and completely addictive knowledge of you.  Your word brings me LIFE and renews my strength to live in this world as a stranger with the message of reconciliation to your people as I long for your return.  Because I fully know that there is nothing I desire more than YOU, because you are soooooooo deeeeeeeep, and full of truth and Life.  Thank you for forgiving my sin and calling me your daughter.

Yours,
Mekdes





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An African's Response to TGC's "Why Africa Still Needs Western Workers"

Embracing my “otherness” in the Evangelical Church

Who are you?