ACTS of living for YOU

I'm reading through the book of ACTS in the Bible and have been extremely amazed by how the apostles lived their lives and died for what they believed in. Jesus was not a story in the Bible nor was He a means to an end to these people, He was REAL to them. They touched Him, saw Him, experienced His love and grace and they couldn't stop but SPEAK of His Kingdom. He was REAL to them, He was no fuzzy image in their minds, nor was He a moral police, He was REAL to them.

I want you Christ, to awaken my soul, make yourself REAL to me as you have made yourself known to your disciples. I want to see life in your sight and do things your way, I want to serve you Lord, not because it's the Holiest thing to do but because YOU deserve to be served with all I've got and I am. Lord, satisfy my hunger for your love by making yourself known to me. Show me how to live like you have lived, to love like you've loved, to serve like you've served and to be where you are. I have found my greatest joy in life, and it is you. Lord, I don't want fame or success in the worldly things, BUT I want abundance in my knowledge of you. May you always whisper your message of love in my heart, and may I take the time to listen.

Father, help me be centered in your being and not my strength. All I have is yours, LITERALLY! Everything I own, I love, I want, everything is yours and I thank you that you are my source of life. Thank you for loving me, I love you and if the only thing I can do for you is to obey you, I do it gladly Lord.

Father, thank you for letting me know you, recognize and adore you. I love you.

Umi :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An African's Response to TGC's "Why Africa Still Needs Western Workers"

Embracing my “otherness” in the Evangelical Church

Who are you?