Newness of seasons

Seasons change, and our lives follow along. It amazes me how my life is affected by the season (actual season) we're in. Right now it's Fall and the leaves are turning yellowish, reddish and they look gorgeous, BUT it's starting to freeze at night and early in the morning. I feel the change in my spirit as well, my heart is full of peace and joy which is purely from the Lord as I know His will is the only thing that fulfills me even though there is this unanswered prayer hanging over my head.

I so want God to answer me, I so want him to say YES my child NOW, you have it! But He won't, He says not now, and that sometimes hurts BUT I will continue to ask, to knock the door and to say please Lord upon your timing let this not pass from me.

It's like the parable of the persistent widow in Luke 18:1Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. 2He said: "In a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared about men. 3And there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea, 'Grant me justice against my adversary.'
4"For some time he refused. But finally he said to himself, 'Even though I don't fear God or care about men, 5yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won't eventually wear me out with her coming!' "

6And the Lord said, "Listen to what the unjust judge says. 7And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? 8I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?"

Therefore, I will ask, and keep on asking, keep on kneeling before the Lord and trusting that He is the only God that could ever answer any of my prayers. He is the only God that can fulfill my dreams and the only father that could ever care for me so deeply to deny me what is not beneficial to me.

Just as the widow chose to be persistent because she knew where to get her answer from, I choose to only stick with the Lord and ask again and again but only ask Him. Lord help me to wait in faith and not look toward another but you! You are my strength...Help me wait in Faith!

Love you,
Mekdes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An African's Response to TGC's "Why Africa Still Needs Western Workers"

Embracing my “otherness” in the Evangelical Church

Who are you?